For inspection requirements at DONNER LAKE, BOCA, PROSSER, JACKSON MEADOWS AND STAMPEDE RESERVOIRS, LAKE OF THE WOODS AND THE WATERS OF LAKES BASIN, please see below
Watercraft inspections are mandatory. Boaters who do not exclusively launch on Donner Lake must submit to monthly inspections. Boaters who certify that their vessel only launches on Donner Lake are eligible for a Donner Only sticker. Donner Only vessels are required to be inspected once per season. Please see below for sticker prices.
- Annual: $40/vessel
- Seasonal (May – Sept): $25/vessel
- Monthly: $10/vessel
- Donner Only (May – Sept): $20/vessel
Get on the Water Faster! Clean, Drain and Dry your vessel before arriving at the launch and bring a completed Watercraft Screening Application and your vessel’s registration card. Please click here to read more about the Town of Truckee’s Watercraft Inspection Program. For questions, please contact the Town of Truckee, 530-582-2920.
For information about Donner Lake hours of operation and directions, click here
Sierra County Waters (Stampede and Jackson Meadows Reservoirs, Lake of the Woods and the waters of Lakes Basin):
Boaters must complete a Sierra County Self Inspection Permit prior to launching. Forms are also available at the launch ramps. For more information on Sierra County’s Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Ordinance 1041 and their AIS Prevention Program, please see the Sierra County AIS Press Release_8.13.14.
Boca and Prosser Reservoirs:
Be sure to Clean, Drain and Dry your vessel before launching. See videos below for more information.
Protect our Waters! Clean, Drain and Dry your vessel before arriving at the boat launch.
Truckee Regional Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Program
Truckee watershed stakeholders saw the need to initiate the development of a regional approach to stop the spread of aquatic invasive species such as the quagga mussel, New Zealand mudsnail and Eurasian watermilfoil. Stopping the spread of AIS is being accomplished through a collaborative process that includes watercraft inspections, education & outreach and early detection monitoring. The Truckee Regional Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Program (TRAISPP) is supported by recreational users, environmental groups, local, state and federal government agencies.
- Initiated a comprehensive education and outreach program, performed baseline monitoring for invasives in the reservoirs and Donner Lake
- Developed a collaborative document (Memorandum of Understanding) to clarify stakeholder responsibilities
- Developed a Strategic Plan, and identified long term funding strategies.
- Provided more than 10,000 watercraft inspections at Boca, Prosser & Stampede Reservoirs and Donner Lake annually
- Collaborated with local governments on the passage of watercraft inspection ordinances within the Town of Truckee, Sierra County and Nevada County.
We continue to develop and expand the invasive species prevention program through watercraft inspection implementation, education and outreach, and early detection monitoring.
For reports and publications on the Truckee AIS Prevention Program, please click here