Get Small BMP Retrofit Plans Approved Electronically
Homeowners, contractors, and consultants can submit plans for small BMP Retrofit proposals that disturb less than 7 cubic yards and get an approval online.
If any of the following conditions apply to the proposed BMP installation then a BMP Retrofit Permit applicationor another TRPA application may be necessary and the project will NOT be eligible for a Small BMP Retrofit Plan approval.
• Engineered structures, such as retaining walls over 3 feet
• Extensive grade alterations
• Infiltration systems capturing runoff from areas greater than 2,500 square feet
• Excavation of over 5 feet
• Subsurface conveyance systems (piping) and drop inlets
• More than 7 cubic yards of grading
Applicants should be prepared to submit 3 items through the TRPA Citizen Access Database for a quick and easy paperless process. No trips to the TRPA offices!
Required Three Items
1. Site Plan that includes:
• Parcel Boundaries
• Map scale (if applicable) and north arrow
• Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN) and property address
• Location and label for all BMPs to be implemented
• Existing coverage (building footprint, driveway, walkways) and stormwater flow lines
• Locations of stream environment zones (SEZ), if present
2. BMP Treatments Form
Standard Conditions for applicants using the Small BMP Retrofit plan
- Approval of the type, sizing, and location of BMPs is based upon the reviewer’s assumption that the applicant has accurately and completely measured impervious areas contributing to infiltration systems.
- All areas displaying erosion or bare soil must be noted on the site plan and re-vegetated or otherwise stabilized. Vehicular access must be limited to paved areas in order for a parcel to be eligible for Certificate of Completion of BMPs. Parking barriers may be necessary in order to be compliant with this requirement.
- Small BMP Retrofit plans are not a verification of land coverage, land capability, or use, nor are they a conceptual approval of any future project. Land coverage cannot be verified, transferred or banked through a Small BMP Retrofit plans. These verifications require the submittal of a separate application to TRPA for review and approval.
Search this Site
News & Updates Categories
Recent Posts & Press Releases
Join the Conversation!
Sign up for our free email newsletter and receive information about events, programs, services, jobs opportunities and more!
The Tahoe RCD serves both residents and visitors of the Lake Tahoe Basin. Donate Now!
Ways to Get Involved
Get involved in the protection and conservation of local ecosystems through one of our volunteer opportunities! Check It Out!